- Findings show discrepancies in what moms want versus what they will likely get from their families
- Favorite ”television mom” — Debra Barone of “Everybody Loves Raymond” — hasn’t been on the air in 18 years
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., May 05, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Prodege, a cutting-edge consumer marketing and insights platform, today released the results from its annual Mother’s Day survey on activities, celebrations and gifting. The findings show that 64% of mothers and family members surveyed plan to celebrate Mother’s Day this year and of those partaking, 70% plan to do it in person.
- What Moms Want: 60% of mothers surveyed say that spending time with their children is the best Mother’s Day gift. Other desired gifts include:
- Dining out at a restaurant (41%)
- Flowers, plants, and/or cards (39%)
- Gift cards (32%)
- Home-cooked meal (31%)
- What Moms Will Get: Among those celebrating Mother’s Day, top gifts family members plan to give to a special “mom” in their life include:
- 54% will give cards
- 53% will give flowers/plants
- 35% will go to a restaurant
- 22% plan to cook
- 9% will gift something handmade
- Activities vs. Gifts: 50% say they expect to spend between $50 and $149 for Mother’s Day activities with family, such as dining out, movies, shopping or games. More than 75% say they will spend under $100 for cards, flowers and gifts.
- Pets Are Family Too: 43% of women who do not have children say they plan to celebrate Mother’s Day with their pets. Activities include:
- Spending time with their pet (74%)
- Giving them a special treat (62%) or a special toy (31%)
- Top Matriarchs of Television: 15% of mothers say Debra Barone from “Everybody Loves Raymond” is the TV mom that they identify most closely with, especially among GenX (20%) and Boomers (25%). Lorelai Gilmore from “Gilmore Girls” (13%) and Claire Dunphy from “Modern Family” (12%) round out the top three.
Prodege conducted this online survey using their AI-Enabled DIY programming solution, Pollfish on April 21 – 25, 2023 among 1,000 respondents representative of US General Population with +/-3% margin of error.
Read the full release here!
Sr. Director of Marketing
Share This Article
Recent Press ReleasesProdege’s 2023 Summer Survey: 55% of Americans Plan to Travel This Summer
45% will travel more than last summer. 73% plan to drive with 36% planning to fly to their summ [...]Earth Day 2023: Investing in the Environment
34% say that sustainability is very important when considering which household brands and products [...]Easter 2023 Celebrations: Inflation Impact, Less Church, Lots of Crying
68% say inflation is impacting how much they plan to spend on Easter products this year.38% of resp [...]