2018 Fall TV Watching Habits
Blog, ProdegeMR - September 10th, 2018
2018 Fall TV premieres are getting started – find out the most anticipated new and returning shows for our audience!
With the rise of social media, live streaming, and recording devices, the way people watch TV has changed dramatically over the years. With the abundance of program choices consumers now have, we reached out to our members to get a better understanding of their TV watching habits and the most anticipated shows for this year.
When it comes to returning shows, it was not a surprise to see the majority of our female survey respondents are most excited for, This Is Us, a popular drama series that follows the Pearson family into its third season. Male respondents are looking forward to the antics in Paddy’s pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the horrors that take place in the next chapter of American Horror Story: Apocalypse.
The most anticipated new shows for both men and women are:
- Manifest, a show about a turbulent flight landing safely, after just a few hours of being in the air,, the rest of the world has aged five years;
- The Neighborhood, a comedy that focuses on what happens when a friendly family moves from the Midwest to a neighborhood in Los Angeles; and
- A Million Little Things, a new drama around a group of friends from Boston who bond again under an unusual circumstance
Additionally, the watching habits of our audiences shows they are taking advantage of technology that allows them to watch what they want, when they want. Almost half of our respondents are watching shows that have been pre-recorded.
Additional responses we found:
- 68% of men prefer action shows, whereas 49% of women do.
- An equal amount of men and women enjoy comedy, whereas crime ranks at 49% for women and at 38% for men.
- Both men and women usually hear about new programs from commercials more than any other way.
- 80% of men and women do not attend viewing parties for most shows, however they do usually watch shows with their children.
With technology changing the TV watching habits of consumers and with so many programs to choose from, we expect to see a continued shift in behavior. And with an engaged respondent panel like ours, we have the ability to reach out at any time for quick responses.
If you are in need of quick survey responses, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recent NewsThis is the celebrity mom people are the most obsessed with right now
Though your mother is fascinating there is another mother (a brand new one) who has captured the wo [...]These Work-From-Home Jobs Sound Amazing
5. Survey Taker What you’d do: Essentially, take surveys on all sorts of things. Based on [...]17 Easy Ways to Save Money Online
One of the classic ways to save money online is simply to search for a coupon or promo code at a co [...]
More from the blog
Prodege’s Leading Rewards Site, Swagbucks Provides Second Charitable Donation on Variety Show Hosted by Steve Harvey
From Buying Sample to Working Directly with a Global Panel
VP of Marketing Jessica Batty Featured in Women In Research Blog
Are Viewers of Reality Dating Shows Bold in their Dating Approaches?
ProdegeMR’s Productive Week at IIeX
Global Warming: A Top-of-Mind Issue that Evokes Strong Emotions
Formula for Piecing Together Great Insights: an Interview with VP of Operations, Mike Oberholtzer