2018 Fall TV premieres are getting started – find out the most anticipated new and returning shows for our audience!
With the rise of social media, live streaming, and recording devices, the way people watch TV has changed dramatically over the years. With the abundance of program choices consumers now have, we reached out to our members to get a better understanding of their TV watching habits and the most anticipated shows for this year.
When it comes to returning shows, it was not a surprise to see the majority of our female survey respondents are most excited for, This Is Us, a popular drama series that follows the Pearson family into its third season. Male respondents are looking forward to the antics in Paddy’s pub in It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the horrors that take place in the next chapter of American Horror Story: Apocalypse.
The most anticipated new shows for both men and women are:
- Manifest, a show about a turbulent flight landing safely, after just a few hours of being in the air,, the rest of the world has aged five years;
- The Neighborhood, a comedy that focuses on what happens when a friendly family moves from the Midwest to a neighborhood in Los Angeles; and
- A Million Little Things, a new drama around a group of friends from Boston who bond again under an unusual circumstance
Additionally, the watching habits of our audiences shows they are taking advantage of technology that allows them to watch what they want, when they want. Almost half of our respondents are watching shows that have been pre-recorded.
Additional responses we found:
- 68% of men prefer action shows, whereas 49% of women do.
- An equal amount of men and women enjoy comedy, whereas crime ranks at 49% for women and at 38% for men.
- Both men and women usually hear about new programs from commercials more than any other way.
- 80% of men and women do not attend viewing parties for most shows, however they do usually watch shows with their children.
With technology changing the TV watching habits of consumers and with so many programs to choose from, we expect to see a continued shift in behavior. And with an engaged respondent panel like ours, we have the ability to reach out at any time for quick responses.
If you are in need of quick survey responses, please email us at email@example.com.
Share This Article
Recent Press ReleasesFor College Savings Month, Upromise Shares 10 Things Parents Should Know About College Savings
EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Sept. 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In recognition of September as College Savin [...]Barclays and Upromise Accelerate Cash Back Rewards into College Savings with Enhanced Upromise® Mastercard® Program
WILMINGTON, Del., March 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Barclays and Upromise today announced an enhanc [...]Upromise $529 Scholarship Program launches just in time for Back-to-School
Prodege, LLC, a leading online consumer-rewards platform, announced today that Upromise, its recentl [...]