The most consistent concern overheard from corporate research and insights teams is this:
Was anything done with our research?
After pouring your creativity, time, and energy into a project, you want to know that it had an impact – sales were improved, eyeballs were attracted, products were made (or not). We’ve seen some great ideas in action that might work for you:
- GAME ON! You may have used gamification to engage respondents – have you applied this technique to engage colleagues? E.g. ask colleagues via email/internal social media a question from your research (“Which celebrity do Americans think best embodies our brand?”). Follow up at the end of the week with a chart of the results AND a link to your report. Or, a happy hour quiz game on Friday afternoon using nuggets from your research. Prodege hosts a live trivia game which has over 100,000 participants every week, so we know this works! Learn more about our game here.
- SOCIAL BUTTERFLY – Socialize your work around the office. E.g. posters in key locations with interesting nuggets from the research. Emails/internal social media posts can reach remote colleagues.
- CHAMPION – Identify a high level champion early in the research process. If our CEO tells us they’re interested in a topic, you’d better believe it will get our attention as well!
- SHARING IS CARING – There are several software solutions available for knowledge sharing within an organization (your company may already be using one). Providing easy access to research spreads the word without as much effort. It also helps prevent multiple requests for the same information (“We actually have data on that topic from a quant study we ran last month with Prodege!”). Prodege’s research clients use our data portal to share their research results with their team and have great success doing so!
- EAT DESSERT FIRST – People are busy and attention spans are short. Lead presentations and reports with the main conclusions first, followed by secondary learning. Data and methodology make great appendices, not great openers.
What ideas have you used to activate YOUR work? We hope to meet you at the CRC this October 8 – 10 in Orlando to hear your thoughts! Come find us at our sponsored Happy Hour on Tuesday, October 9 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. We will be in the center of the expo hall, ready to chat!
Prodege MR is here to support YOUR success as a researcher. Reach out to us to discuss your latest project, and let us know how we can be of service!
Share This Article
Recent Press ReleasesBarclays and Upromise Accelerate Cash Back Rewards into College Savings with Enhanced Upromise® Mastercard® Program
WILMINGTON, Del., March 31, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Barclays and Upromise today announced an enhanc [...]Upromise $529 Scholarship Program launches just in time for Back-to-School
Prodege, LLC, a leading online consumer-rewards platform, announced today that Upromise, its recentl [...]Upromise Dining Launches Restaurant Rally Double Rewards Promotion
Restaurant Rally will promote more than 10,000 local restaurants while providing enhanced rewards to [...]